Willow Grove, PA January 13th, 2011 -Today AWE Tuning announced the release of the newest addition to the company’s expanding Exhaust arsenal: The A5 3.2L Touring Exhaust, the “more sophisticated” sibling to the AWE Tuning A5 3.2L Track Edition Exhaust.
The Touring Exhaust features an x-pipe for enhanced exhaust tone and specially designed Helmholtz Resonators to eliminate drone.
“With the knowledge gained over hundreds of hours developing the Helmholtz resonators for the 3.0T engine…” states Ron Mangus, AWE Tuning’s Manager of Fabrication, “…we set out to develop a refined option for the A5 3.2 that would set a new standard, and that’s exactly what our team accomplished.”
The A5 3.2L Touring Exhaust is the perfect Performance compliment for the daily driven A5 3.2L.
Hand-crafted, every detail of the exhaust was labored over to ensure maximum performance and longevity:
- + 8hp, +7tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5” to better let the engine exhale
- Strategic elimination of mufflers to release tone when uncorked
- Available with Polished Silver or Diamond Black adjustable tips
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Optional Downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Lifetime Warranty
Tips and valances
The A5 3.2L Touring Exhaust System is available with:
- Dual 90mm (3.5 inch) tips designed to work with the stock rear bumper valence
- Quad 80mm (3.15 inch) slash cut tips designed to work with the S5 rear valence
Further, each tip variation is available in standard Polished Silver or our famous Diamond Black plating. The tips sport engraved AWE Tuning logos and are double walled to ensure a mirror polish, even under hard usage.
Resonated Downpipes versus Stock
For A5 owners looking to fine tune the sound of the Touring Exhaust even more, we suggest adding AWE Tuning Resonated Downpipes. AWE Tuning Resonated Downpipes feature larger than stock resonators in order to produce a mellow sound volume.
More information, performance specifications and pricing can be found on AWE Tuning’s website in the AWE Tuning A5 3.2L Exhaust section, or by calling AWE Tuning directly, at 888.565.2257. The exhaust will be sold online at www.AWE-Tuning.com or through one of AWE Tuning’s 400 choice retailers around the globe.
AWE Tuning is the authority in performance engineering for German automobiles. From award winning hand-crafted performance exhausts to track tested big turbo kits to vetted performance products including GIAC, Bilstein, H&R, Brembo and more, AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes choice performance products globally through it’s preferred network of dealers, online and from its headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE Tuning's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.