ROCKLEIGH, N.J. (April 7, 2011) - Volvo Cars of North America's (VCNA) Overseas Delivery Program has become the number one European overseas delivery service by offering car buyers an opportunity to save money and an unforgettable way to pick up their new vehicle - straight from the factory in Sweden. Now, for the third year, VCNA, along with VisitSweden, Tourism in Skåne and the West Swedish Tourist Board are bringing back their http://www.carplusvacation.com/ sweepstakes and offering a chance for two lucky people to win a dream vacation in West Sweden and Skåne.
From April 1 through July 1, people are encouraged to visit the website and register for the sweepstakes. There, entrants can use the site's trip planner to create their dream itinerary and explore all that West Sweden and Skåne have to offer. By submitting an itinerary, visitors are automatically entered into the sweepstakes. The lucky winner will receive a one-week trip of a lifetime for two to West Sweden, complete with free airfare provided by SAS Scandinavian Airlines, accommodations, meals, activities, and the use of a Volvo car.
In addition to the sweepstakes, the site will follow several high-profile lifestyle and travel bloggers as they document their adventures traveling through Sweden. Their experiences will live on the CarPlusVacation.com website as well as on their own blogs.
"I can't wait to bring my readers along with me as I venture into Sweden to learn more about their food, culture and heritage," said Julia Allison of NonSociety.com.
"Volvo was born in West Sweden, and we are still firmly rooted in the city of Gothenburg, where most of our cars are still manufactured," said Anders Robertson, manager of VCNA's Overseas Delivery. "Through the http://www.carplusvacation.com/ campaign, we give potential customers a chance to experience the place and culture where their car comes from."
"West Sweden and Skåne are hidden gems among tourist destinations," said Lotta Thiringer, U.S. Director of VisitSweden. "You can experience outdoor adventure, fine dining at Michelin-starred restaurants, exquisite landscapes, fascinating culture, and top notch shopping in the cities of Gothenburg and Malmo."
To enter, visit http://www.carplusvacation.com/ through July 1.
Volvo Overseas Delivery Program - How it Works
Through Volvo's Overseas Delivery Program, participants guarantee themselves a free trip to Sweden by purchasing a new Volvo car. Volvo provides two complimentary airline tickets to Gothenburg, where the customer picks up their new car directly from the Volvo factory. Then, they can head out on a European road trip, and when they're ready to return home, they can simply drop off the car and Volvo will ship it to the United States for free.
Take advantage of overseas delivery:
1. Visit the nearest Volvo retailer to test drive and find your perfect Volvo.
2. Order your Volvo through the Overseas Delivery Program at your local retailer.
3. Enjoy two complimentary airline tickets to Gothenburg from SAS Scandinavian Airlines.
4. Pick up your new Volvo at the Gothenburg Factory Delivery Center. Your new car will be registered for your stay in Europe with insurance for 15 days and the protection of the Volvo On Call Service.
5. Test your Volvo out on the roads of West Sweden, either with one of the program's spectacular themed tours or on your own. Then, all of Europe is your road.
6. Drop off your Volvo in Gothenburg or an official drop-off location. Volvo will ship your car home and take care of all the problems that make importing a car difficult, from excise taxes to import duties.
For additional information about the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program, please visit www.volvocars.us/mybagsarepacked.