Magellan, one of the leading GPS brands, today announced an innovative new vehicle mount for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and second generation iPod touch. With a built-in GPS receiver for improved navigation accuracy, the Premium Car Kit features an amplified speaker for crystal clear directions and enhanced Bluetooth hands-free calling and clear turn-by-turn directions.
"Building on the ease of the Magellan RoadMate app, we are proud to introduce a cutting-edge Premium Car Kit that gives our consumers the entire in-car navigation experience from their iPhone or iPod touch," said Peggy Fong, Chief Operating Officer for Magellan.
Features of the Premium Car Kit include the following:
· Secure vehicle mounting for iPhone or iPod touch
· Accommodates most silicon skins and hard shell cases
· Adjustable mount securely rotates iPhone to either portrait or landscape mode for optimal positioning and widescreen route display
· Recharges battery via the vehicle power outlet
· Amplified speaker with volume control for loud and clear phone calls and directions
· Noise canceling microphone for full duplex speakerphone operation
· Auxiliary audio output (for connection to your car stereo)
· Works with all navigation applications (including the Magellan RoadMate for iPhone application)
· Bluetooth enables hands-free calling
Available now for pre-order, the car kit will retail for $129.99 MSRP and will be available at Amazon.com, Best Buy, and MagellanGPS.com.
About MiTAC Digital Corporation
MiTAC Digital Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and promotes and sells products and services under the Magellan brand name. Magellan assists people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the producer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate, and Maestro™ series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton® outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corp. is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information on Magellan, visit http://www.magellangps.com.