Two new performance driven option packs for flagship XJ sedan
"Speed Pack" for the XJ Supersport (510 hp) includes:
- Front air splitter and rear spoiler
- Red painted brake calipers with Jaguar script
- Gloss black radiator grille with a chrome surround and gloss black lower grille
- Gloss black mesh in side power vent with "SUPERSPORT" badge
- Choice of 20-inch "Venom" or "Mataiva" style wheels
- Top speed limiter increased to 174 mph (Up from 155 mph )
- Exclusive interior color option: Jet Black interior with Red contrast stitching
"Sport & Speed Pack" for the XJ Supercharged (470 hp) includes:
- Sport style seats with soft grain leather, 18-way adjustments, three position memory, active ventilated, heating/cooling, power-adjustable bolsters
- Choice of two leather colors, both with Jet soft grain leather upper fascia: Jet Black soft grain leather seats with Ivory contrast stitching or Ivory Colored soft grain leather seats with Jet Black contrast stitching
- Premium Suedecloth headlining in Jet or Ivory
- Piano Black or optional Carbon Fiber veneer (extra cost option)
- Bright metal pedal kit with rubber pads
- Front aero splitter and rear spoiler
- Red painted brake calipers with Jaguar script
- Gloss black radiator grille with chrome surround and gloss black lower grille
- Gloss black mesh in side vent with "SUPERCHARGED" badge
- 20-inch "Venom" style wheels
- Top speed limiter increased to 174 mph (Up from 155 mph)
The Packs are available in standard and long wheelbase variants
The Jaguar XJ was awarded International Luxury Car of the Year at the 2011 International Car of the Year awards
The advanced aluminum architecture used in the XJ offers weight-savings of up to 330 lbs when compared to conventional construction techniques
"The XJ is much more than a sedan. Its power and potential mean it can out-perform many so-called sports cars. The new Sport and Speed Packs allow customers to enhance that sporting dynamism even further and create an XJ that looks as good as it drives." - Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar Cars
With the XJ, Jaguar has created an entirely new template for the luxury performance sedan. The XJ seamlessly blends sporting potential, dynamic driving abilities and luxurious appointments; a combination that has gathered plaudits worldwide. The flagship Jaguar XJ sedan combines elegance, drama and sporting prowess.
The XJ benefits from superb aerodynamics and Jaguar's innovative lightweight aluminum architecture to offer weight savings of up to 330 lbs over conventional materials. This offers tangible benefits in terms of economy, emissions, driving dynamics, agility and performance.
To further enhance the performance aspect of its character, the XJ is now available with optional Sport and Speed Packs. The Sport and Speed Packs further unlock the performance potential of the XJ both aesthetically and dynamically. Both packs are comprised of exterior and interior design elements that clearly underline the assertive side of the car's personality.
Sport and Speed Packs
In both packs, functional aerodynamic changes allow an increase in the top speed limiter from 155 mph (250km/h) to 174 mph (280km/h). The result of extensive research in the wind tunnel and on track, the front of the car gains an aerodynamic splitter beneath the bumper to reduce lift, and a rear lip spoiler has been fitted to ensure a clean separation of air from the trailing edge of the bodywork. While ensuring optimal stability at high-speed, these aerodynamic enhancements maintain the sleek 0.29Cd aerodynamic figure of the standard XJ. The elegantly integrated design changes that comprise the Sport and Speed Packs are not simply cosmetic; they allow Jaguar to increase the top speed limiter to 174 mph, transforming the supercharged XJ models into the fastest sedans the company has ever built.
These changes have been reinforced with a number of cosmetic additions that clearly distinguish these cars from other models. The bold Jaguar radiator grille, a key feature in the XJ model's assertive face, gains a gloss black mesh finish with the same treatment applied to the lower air opening and side vents.
An alloy wheel design specific to these packs is included. Behind each 20-inch wheel, red brake calipers further highlight the performance potential within each vehicle.
Reflecting the exterior styling changes and befitting its performance oriented remit, these options feature interior changes that give driver and passengers a heightened sense of occasion and an indication of the dynamic abilities available.
The XJ Supercharged "Sport & Speed Pack" also features new sport seats and a suedecloth headliner. Trimmed in soft grain leather these offer a huge range of adjustment – including power-adjustable side bolsters - to create a perfectly tailored driving position. Active ventilation supplies heated or chilled air as required to each individual front seat. At the driver's feet sit purposeful machined stainless steel pedals engraved with the Jaguar name.
The Sport and Speed Packs serve to emphasize the sporting character and driver involvement that are core strengths of every XJ model. With such prodigious power already available from the supercharged V8 engines, no power increase was needed to achieve the higher top speed. The only change necessary was a recalibrated engine management system to unlock the additional speed.
"A car capable of 174 mph must have certain basic attributes – stability, aerodynamics, prodigious power and as little weight as possible. The XJ is blessed with all these qualities in abundance and with the addition of the Speed Pack it becomes an ever more impressive performance sedan." - Mike Cross, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integrity, Jaguar Cars