- Audi allroad returns to the U.S. for the first time since 2005
- Iconic design and functionality blended with segment-leading technology
- Allroad debuts at North American International Auto Show in Detroit
Making its re-entry into the U.S. market for the first time since 2005, the Audi allroad made its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The new allroad is built on the A4 platform and has been modified to meet the functionality and design elements that define the iconic allroad.
The new allroad features 211 horsepower with 258 pounds-foot of torque that makes it faster and more fuel efficient than its predecessor.
The exterior features a unique single frame grille design with vertical chrome struts, stainless steel skid plates and side sills, and raised aluminum-optic roof rails. Matte finished lower bumpers and wheel arches are standard, while a full paint finish is optional.
The Audi allroad will replace the A4 Avant starting in the 2013 model year, and will be 0.6 inches wider and 2.3 inches taller with 1.5 inches greater ground clearance. The new allroad is 185.9 inches in length with a wheelbase of 110.4 inches. Compared to its predecessor, the new allroad has a longer wheelbase for ride comfort and more headroom for front passengers. The allroad has 27 cubic feet of cargo space and a spacious 50 cubic feet of cargo space with the seats folded down. An optional power tailgate is available. 18-inch wheels are standard, and 19-inch wheels are optional.
The interior of the new allroad features a standard Panorama sunroof, 8-way power seats, and Aluminum Trigon inlays. Heated front seats, driver memory, a choice of three wood inlays, and a 505 watt Bang & Olufsen Sound System are optional. The allroad can also be equipped with a sports interior package featuring 12-way power front sport seats, and a three-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles.
Audi offers several advanced technology features for the A4 family, including adaptive front lighting and Audi side assist, which monitors the space behind and beside the A4 by radar and detects any vehicles in neighboring lanes. Driving in the A4 is also enhanced by the optional Driver Assistance package, which features adaptive cruise control that keeps the A4 at a constant distance from the preceding vehicle, active lane assist, and dynamic steering. Dynamic steering varies the effort as well as the steering ratio at different speeds. Active lane assist allows the steering to help maintain lane discipline should the driver begin to sway outside of the lane markings without setting the turn signal.
Audi is the first company worldwide to feature factory-installed wireless internet, enabling the innovative infotainment system called Audi connect™. Previously available in the A6, A7, A8 and Q7, Audi connect will now be available on all A4 and A5 models, making Audi the only brand worldwide to feature this level of internet system integrated service in the segment.
With Audi connect, the onboard MMI® Navigation system is enhanced with Google Earth™ maps and real-time SiriusXM Traffic information, for a true aerial view of the route. Audi connect also features real-time localized weather, news and live fuel prices; Google Local Search for detailed information about travel destinations, such as restaurant or hotel hours, pricing and customer reviews; the myAudi Destination feature, which allows registered users to log on to Google Maps™ from any location and download up to 50 destinations to the vehicle; and a rolling Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to simultaneously use the wireless connectivity.
- 2.0 liter TFSI engine with 211 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed tiptronic transmission, standard
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive, standard
- 27 cubic feet of cargo space 50 cubic feet of cargo space with seats folded down
- 185.9 inches in length; wheelbase of 110.4 inches, longer than predecessor for ride comfort and more headroom for front passengers
- 18-inch wheels standard, 19-inch wheels optional
- Features single frame grille design with vertical chrome struts, stainless steel skid plates and side sills, and raised aluminum-optic roof rails
- Matte finished lower bumpers and wheel arches standard, full paint finish optional
- Unique single frame grille design with vertical chrome struts, stainless steel skid plates and side sills, and aluminum-optic roof rails. Matte finished lower bumpers and wheel arches are standard, full paint finish is optional
- Standard Panorama sunroof, 8-way power seats and Aluminum Trigon inlays
- Optional heated front seats, driver memory, choice of three wood inlays and 505 watt Bang & Olufsen Sound System
- Available sports interior package with 12-way power front sport seats and three-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles
- Audi offers advanced technology features, including Audi side assist and adaptive front lighting. Also available is the Audi Driver Assistance package, including adaptive cruise control with stop & go, active lane assist and dynamic steering
- Factory-installed wireless internet, enabling features such as Audi connect™ for real-time weather, traffic, news and live fuel prices. First introduced in the A7, A4 models will be first in the segment with factory installed internet connectivity.