The recently introduced Audi R8 GT Spyder is a hand-built, limited production vehicle with just 333 units produced world-wide and 50 units coming to the U.S. Similar to the R8 GT Coupe unveiled last year, each car will be uniquely distinguished with an individual vehicle number displayed on the gear shift.
The 2012 Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the limited-edition R8 GT Spyder is as follows:
MSRP $210,000 (excludes $1,200 Destination and Delivery and Taxes)
Even lighter, more powerful and captivating, the Audi R8 GT Spyder delivers breathtaking performance. The open-top flagship version of the high-performance sports Coupe features a 5.2-liter V10 with direct injection and has been boosted to an output of 560 horsepower. With the reduced weight and increased engine performance, the R8 GT Spyder accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and reaches a top speed of 197 mph.
Using the principles of Audi ultra lightweight technology, the R8 GT Spyder has trimmed a full 187.39 lbs from an already low weight, increasing fuel economy, performance, strength and rigidity. The engine frame is constructed of ultra-light magnesium, and the long cover over the soft-top compartment and the large side panels at the rear are made of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer. A fixed rear spoiler also made of carbon fiber composite provides the necessary downforce on the rear axle. The Audi R8 GT Spyder is capable of extreme lateral acceleration and engineered to deliver exceptional responsiveness through its sport suspension has a stiffer calibration and lowers the the R8 GT Spyder by ten millimeters versus the R8 V10 Spyder. Legendary quattro all-wheel drive system provides exceptional grip on 19 inch wheels and xyz ventilated and cross-drilled rotors provide exceptional stopping power.
Visual styling cues include a performance enhancing enlarged diffuser, front splitter and a fixed rear spoiler.
The interior is black and can be adorned with stitching in a choice of Titanium Gray or Crimson Red for added refinement. Alcantara applications include, seat inserts, flat-bottom sport steering wheel, hand brake cover and windshield frame.
R8 GT Spyder customer vehicle deliveries will begin as of February.
R8 GT Spyder Standard Features | Highlights:
- 5.2L 10-cylinder, gasoline engine, aluminum block
- quattro® all-wheel-drive
- Exterior mirrors: power adjustable, heated Front Airbags: Driver and passenger full-size dual-stage front airbags and knee airbags
- Side airbags: Driver and passenger seat mounted head and thorax airbags
- Front disc brakes: 8-Piston calipers, perforated, internally vented
- Rear disc brakes: 4-Piston calipers, perforated, internally vented
- LED headlights and daytime running lights
- Sport seats, heated, 10-way power with 4-way power lumbar
- Audi navigation system plus, 6-disc CD changer, Sirius Satellite Radio, Aux-in jack with 7 speakers and 5-channel amplifier with a total output of 140 Watts
- Preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth®) with seatbelt microphone
R8 GT Specific Standard Features | Highlights:
- 19" R8 GT wheels with summer performance tires
- R tronic ®, 6-speed sequential gearbox with shift-by-wire technology and sports mode
- R8 GT specific sport suspension system
- R8 GT specific carbon fiber matte exterior mirrors
- R8 GT specific LED tail lights
- R8 GT specific aluminum door sill inserts
- R8 GT specific steering wheel
- R8 GT specific sport seats in Alcantara and leather
- R8 GT specific carbon fiber matte interior inlays (monoposto and interior door handles)
- R8 GT specific numbered aluminum gear knob
- Windshield frame in Alcantara
Optional Equipment | Highlights:
- Audi navigation system plus with Audi music interface w/ iPod® cable (replaces 6-disc CD changer)
- Audi Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System (12 speakers 495 watt)
- Titanium Finish 19" 5-arm-double-spoke-design aluminum alloy wheels with summer performance tires
- Forged Aluminum 19" 5-twin-spoke-Y-design in matte silver look with summer performance tires
- Carbon fiber matte door and center console panels
- Windscreen Frame in Fine Nappa Leather (interior)