- Next generation telematics service moves into the Cloud and debuts as standard equipment on most models. It adds Internet access, more features for interacting with the vehicle remotely, and over-the-air diagnostic capabilities to the first generation's array of safety, destination planning and concierge features.
- Optional Mercedes-Benz Apps add custom versions of Google local search with Street View and Panoramio, Facebook, News and Yelp, with others planned.
- New "Control" functionality provides geofencing, Speed Alert, Driving Journal and Curfew-minder services.
- Mobile Application (iPhone/Android) adds Remote Horn & Lights and Valet Protect features.
C-Class Sedan & Coupe (on-sale: July 2012)
- Features standard mbrace2. New AMG Sports Package Plus includes enhanced exhaust tuning, special sport interior with contrasting seatbelts, 18" 7-twin-spoke wheels and- on coupes- revised front suspension. DISTRONIC PLUS now available as a stand-alone option.
- C250 Coupe & Sport/Luxury Sedan: direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp, 229 lb.-ft.)
- C300 4MATIC Sport/Luxury Sedan: new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 generating 248 hp and 251 lb-ft of torque (previously 228 hp/221 lb-ft) including new ECO Start/Stop and standard 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
- C350 Coupe & Sport Sedan: New ECO Start/Stop on direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.). Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive on coupe.
- C63 AMG Coupe & Sedan: features hand-built naturally-aspirated 6.3-liter V8 (451 hp, 443 lb-ft), AMG 7-speed MCT and 18-inch twin 5-spoke alloy wheels. Optional AMG Development Package yields 481 hp.
CL-Class Coupe (on-sale: July 2012)
- Grand Edition Package available in choice of 3 designo paints and 3 designo interiors, AMG styling, 20" wheels and unique badging.
- CL550 4MATIC continues with 4.6-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 (429 hp, 516 lb-ft.)
- CL63 AMG continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo AMG V8 (536 hp, 590 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and AMG 7-speed MCT. Optional Performance Package yields 563hp/664 lb-ft.
- CL600 5.5-liter biturbo V12 model (510 hp, 612 lb-ft) continues
- CL65 AMG High-performance 6.0-liter biturbo V12 model (621hp, 738 lb-ft) continues
CLS-Class Four-Door Coupe (on-sale: July 2012)
- Four-dour coupe receives mbrace2 and continues to feature electromechanical steering, world's-first active LED headlights, standard ATTENTION ASSIST and 10 airbags.
- CLS550 continues with direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lb.-ft) AIRMATIC suspension and available 4MATIC all-wheel-drive.
- CLS63 AMG continues with direct-injection 5.5-liter biturbo AMG V8 (518 hp, 516 lbft) with ECO Start/Stop technology, AMG 7-speed MCT and AIRMATIC rear suspension. Optional Performance Package yields 550 hp/590 lb-ft.
E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet (on-sale: July 2012)
New standard equipment includes mbrace2, electromechanical steering, heated front seats
and wheel upgrades.
- E350 Coupe and Cabriolet continues with 3.5-liter direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft) and larger 18" 5-spoke wheels. Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive on Coupe.
- E550 Coupe and Cabriolet continues with 4.6-liter direct-injection V8 engine (402 hp, 443 lb-ft) and new 18" 5-twin-spoke AMG wheel.
E-Class Sedan and Wagon (on-sale: July 2012)
- Receives mbrace2 as standard and continues to showcase advanced driver assistance systems such as ATTENTION ASSIST, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist with automatic brake intervention, PRE-SAFE Brake with Automatic Emergency Braking, Adaptive Highbeam Assist and Nightview Assist PLUS with pedestrian detection.
- E350 Sport/Luxury Sedan continues with direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lbft) and available 4MATIC all-wheel-drive.
- E350 4MATIC Sport/Luxury Wagon continues with direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 engine (302hp, 273 lb-ft) and standard all-wheel drive, 3rd-row rear-facing seat, power tailgate, rear air suspension and electromechanical steering
- E350 BlueTEC Sedan (Oct. 2012) 50-State V6 turbodiesel (210 hp, 400 lb-ft) continues.
- E400 HYBRID Sport Sedan (Summer 2012) debuts with direct-injection V6 gasoline engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft) supplemented by an electric motor (27 hp, 207 lb-ft) featuring ECO Start/Stop, electric-only maneuvering, "sailing" function and the first lithium-ion battery designed for automotive use.
- E550 4MATIC Sport Sedan continues w/4.6-liter twin-turbo direct-injectionV8-engine (402 hp, 443 lb-ft), electromechanical steering & standard 4MATIC all-wheel-drive.
- E63 AMG Sedan Premium2 package now standard, 5.5-liter twin-turbo direct-injection V8 engine (518 hp, 516 lb-ft) and ECO Start/Stop technology mated to the AMG 7- speed MCT plus 19-inch AMG 10-spoke wheels. Optional Performance Packages yields 550hp/590lb-ft.
- E63 AMG Wagon continues w/drivetrain mentioned above plus standard panorama roof and Premium2 package.
- 5-door, 4-passenger hydrogen-electric car (134 hp, 214 lb-ft) continues, available for lease in California.
- Powered by fuel cell technology with an EPA estimated range of 190 miles (European driving cycle: 240 miles)
G-Class SUV (on-sale: August 2012)
- Substantially restyled interior with new 7" tablet-style headunit, COMAND control knob, PARKTRONIC and mbrace2. Restyled exterior with LED DRL's and side mirrors. New standard equipment includes DISTRONIC PLUS and Blind Spot Assist.
- G550: continues w/more powerful V8 engine (388 hp, 391 lb-ft) & 18" 5-twin-spoke wheels
- G63 AMG: New 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 engine (544 hp, 560 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop. New twin-lamella grille and red brake calipers.
GL-Class SUV (on-sale: September 2012)
- All-new 2nd generation segment-leading luxury SUV. Longer, wider and taller. Debut of standard COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST and power EASY-ENTRY for second row. Other standard equipment includes mbrace2, ATTENTION ASSIST, COMAND control knob, color instrument cluster display, rearview camera, power liftgate, ADAPTIVE BRAKE technology, Crosswind Stabilization, AIRMATIC suspension and 2nd row 115V outlet. Optional highlights include On- and Off-Road Package, multicolor ambient lighting, soft close doors, ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM, Active Parking Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, SurroundView camera and Panorama Roof.
- GL350 BlueTEC 4MATIC: V6 turbodiesel (240hp, 455 lb-ft) with 19" 5-twin-spoke wheel
- GL450 4MATIC: new direct-injection twin turbo V8 engine (362hp, 406 lb-ft)
- GL550 4MATIC: direct-injection twin-turbo V8 (429hp, 516 lb-ft) with flared wheel arches, exposed tailpipes, deeper aprons and 21" 5-twin-spoke wheels.
- GL63 AMG (Q1 2013): Debut of high-performance SUV w/hand-built AMG V8 engine (550hp, 560 lb-ft)
GLK-Class SUV (on-sale: August 2012)
- Restyled interior with new Direct Select gear selector, air outlets, color instrument cluster display, mbrace2 and optional ambient lighting. Restyled exterior includes new headlight and bumper design and LED daytime running lights and taillights.
- GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC (Q1 2013): Debut of diesel powertrain in this model line (first in segment) with 2.1-liter 4-cylinder diesel engine (190 hp, 369 lb-ft) mated to all-wheeldrive powertrain and 19" 5-triple-spoke wheels
- GLK350 4MATIC: All-wheel-drive model (and available RWD variant) features new 3.5- liter direct-injection V6 engine (302 hp, 273 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and 19" 5-triplespoke wheels
M-Class SUV (on-sale: July 2012)
- New standard equipment includes mbrace2, COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST and color instrument cluster display. New optional On- and Off-Road Package debuts with two-stage transfer case, longitudinal differential lock and six transmission settings. Other new options include multicontour driver & passenger seats with massage and comfort headrests.
- ML350 BlueTEC 4MATIC: continues with 50-state V6 turbodiesel (240 hp, 455 lb-ft)
- ML350 4MATIC: continues with direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb-ft)
- ML350: New rear-wheel drive variant debuts for model year 2013.
- ML550 4MATIC: continues with upholstered dashboard now standard. Direct injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (402 hp, 443 lb-ft), standard running boards, AMG styling and 19" AMG 5-spoke wheels.
- ML63 AMG: high-performance SUV continues with direct-injection 5.5-liter biturbo V8 (518 hp, 516 lb-ft) and 20" AMG 5-spoke wheels. Optional AMG Performance Package yields 550hp/560 lb-ft.
S-Class Sedan (on-sale: July 2012)
- Premium 2 package now standard on S350 BlueTEC 4MATIC, S400 HYBRID & S550 models
- Flagship model line continues to showcase advanced driver assistance systems such as DISTRONIC Plus with PRE-SAFE Brake, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist with automatic brake intervention and Nightview Assist PLUS with pedestrian detection.
- S350 BlueTEC 4MATIC continues with standard all-wheel-drive and 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel engine (240 hp, 455 lb-ft).
- S400 HYBRID continues with the first lithium-ion battery designed exclusively for automotive use and 3.5-liter V6 mild hybrid powertrain (295 hp, 284 lb-ft)
- S550 continues with 4.6-liter direct-injection V8 engine (429 hp, 516 lb-ft) and 7-speed automatic transmission. Available with 4MATIC all wheel drive.
- S63 AMG High-performance model continues with 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo V8 engine (536 hp, 590 lb-ft) and ECO Start/Stop functionality as well as AMG 7-speed MCT. Optional Performance Package yields 563hp/664 lb-ft.
- S600 flagship 5.5-liter biturbo V12 model (510 hp, 612 lb-ft) continues.
- S65 AMG high-performance 6.0-liter biturbo V12 model (621hp, 738lb-ft) continues.
SL-Class Coupe/Roadster (on-sale: May 2012)
- All-new 6th generation of iconic Mercedes-Benz roadster featuring all-new aluminum bodyshell, MAGIC VISION CONTROL, Frontbass sound system, power windscreen, ATTENTION ASSIST, PRE-SAFE, LED daytime running lights, electronic parking brake, standard panorama roof, ambient lighting and mbrace2. New optional equipment includes MAGIC SKY CONTROL, Hands Free Access, Active Lane Keeping & Blind Spot Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS with Pre-Safe Brake and PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist.
- SL550: new direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 (429 hp, 516 lb.-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and more fuel-efficient 7-speed automatic transmission and 18" twin 5-spoke wheels. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds
- SL63 AMG (July 2012): new 5.5-liter direct-injection biturbo AMG V8 (530 hp, 590 lb-ft) with ECO Start/Stop and AMG 7-speed MCT with 4 shift modes and RACESTART function. Standard AMG DRL's, twin-lamella grille, and trunk spoiler. Optional Performance Package yields 557hp, 664 lb-ft.
- SL65 AMG (Nov 2012): high-performance 6.0-liter V12 model (621hp, 738lb-ft) now features 7-speed automatic transmission.
SLK-Class Coupe/Roadster (on-sale: July 2012)
- Features new directional/cruise control switches, mbrace2 and optional Adaptive Highbeam Assist. Continues to feature retractable hardtop with an optional Panorama roof or MAGIC SKY CONTROL.
- SLK250: continues with direct-injection 1.8-liter 4-cylinder turbo (201 hp, 229 lb.-ft.) available with 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic and 17-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK350: Premium1 package now standard & new ECO Start/Stop on direct-injection 3.5- liter V6 (302 hp, 273 lb.-ft.) with 7-speed automatic transmission & 18-inch 5-spoke wheels
- SLK55 AMG: continues direct-injection 5.5-liter V8 (415 hp, 398 lb-ft) featuring cylinder deactivation, ECO Start/Stop technology and 18-inch AMG 5-spoke wheels.
SLS AMG GT (on-sale: November 2012)
- New more powerful GT model (583 hp, 479 lb.-ft.) replaces previous models (563 hp, 479 lb.-ft.) and features a re-calibrated AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission and redeveloped AMG Adaptive Suspension. Optical highlights include "GT" badging, darkened headlamp and tail light treatments, a unique wheel color and red-painted brake calipers as well as high-gloss black finish on the front grille trim, exterior mirrors and the hood/fender fins. Numerous distinguishing interior highlights include red seatbelts, red contrast stitching and Alcantara upholstery.
- SLS AMG GT Coupe AMG-developed super sports car with aluminum body, gullwing doors and high-performance powertrain featuring a hand-built V8 engine with frontmid layout and dry sump lubrication mated to a carbon fiber driveshaft and advanced dual-clutch transaxle transmission with 4 driving modes.
- SLS AMG GT Roadster features highlights mentioned above plus power soft top in choice of three colors that opens/closes in 11 seconds at speeds up to 30 mph, conventionally hinged doors, standard AIRSCARF and removable wind deflector.