- New Continental GT Speed makes N. American debut
- EXP 9 F luxury SUV displayed on Concept lawn
- Highly prized classic and vintage Bentleys to be auctioned
As California’s Monterey Peninsula is primed for a week of displays and events involving some of the world’s most coveted, historic automobiles, Bentley Motors prepares to share a glimpse into the future with the North American debut of two new models – the Continental GT Speed and the EXP 9 F luxury SUV concept.
“Pebble Beach and the spectacular scenery of the Monterey Peninsula provide the perfect venue for automotive connoisseurs and enthusiasts from around the world to display and celebrate the very best of motoring,” said Christophe Georges, president & COO of Bentley Motors, Inc. “It also serves as an ideal backdrop for Bentley to showcase not only its latest production model, the Continental GT Speed, but also, with the EXP 9 F SUV concept, to provide a glimpse into Bentley’s future.”
Bentley’s fastest ever production model, the 616hp Continental GT Speed, will make its North American debut on the Pebble Beach concept lawn. The Continental GT Speed, Bentley’s performance flagship, is set to enter the market in October, and until then, Pebble Beach spectators will have to imagine its 4.0-second 0-60mph sprint and its 205-mph top speed during the static display.
The muscular, elegantly sculpted coachwork of the Continental coupe is enhanced with subtle design touches that reaffirm its sporting character. Most notable are the dark-tinted matrix front grille and lower air intakes, ‘rifled’ finish to the exhaust tailpipes and unique 21-inch alloy wheels.
For those looking even further into Bentley’s future, EXP 9 F SUV concept makes its North American premiere on the concept lawn of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. EXP 9 F highlights the marque’s desire to build the fastest and most luxurious SUV in the world, and the concept car combines a stunning interior at the pinnacle of craftsmanship and technology with a dramatic and purposeful exterior. With an exciting range of drivetrain options under consideration, any Bentley SUV would offer the thunderous performance for which the marque is renowned.
Pebble Beach is also renowned for its auctions of highly-prized classic and vintage automobiles. Featuring this year at the Pebble Beach auctions is an array of evocative Bentleys, among the most significant in the company’s history as outlined below:
Gooding and Companywill auction three Bentleys between Saturday, August 18th and Sunday, August 19th –
- 1931 Bentley 4 1/2 Liter SC "Blower" Sports 2/3 Seater Boattail(presale estimate: $8-10 million). More information available here.
- 1928 Bentley 4 1/2 Liter Vanden Plas Le Mans Sports “Bobtail”(presale estimate: $5.5-7.5 million). More information available here.
- 1938 Bentley 4 1/4 Litre Drop Head Coupe(presale estimate $150,000 - $250,000). More information available here.
RM Auctionswill auction one Bentley on Saturday, August 18th
- 2001 Bentley Speed 8 Le Mans Prototype Racing Car(presale estimate $1,900,000 and $2,500,000). More information available here.