The ExtremeContact DWS features improved grip and braking in both dry and wet conditions with a unique asymmetrical tread design. This tire includes an advanced tread compound for improved traction in all-weather conditions including snow, significantly improved mileage, and an industry leading level of rolling resistance for better fuel economy.
Category: Ultra-High Performance, All-Season
Available Sizes: 16” – 24” wheel diameters with aspect ratios of 25 – 55
The ExtremeContact DWS (tuned for Dry, Wet & Snow) delivers improved performance thanks to Continental’s exclusive new technologies:
• Chamfered Edges and a Solid Outer Shoulder improve dry performance
• Dynamic Temperature Distribution reduces distortion for enhanced energy delivery, lower rolling resistance and improved tread-life
• Traction Grooves and Increased Pattern Edges improve performance on snow-covered roads
• High Void to Tread Ratio with Enhanced Groove Curvature improves water evacuation for outstanding wet handling
· Enhanced performance in dry conditions.
· Improved water evacuation for outstanding wet handling.
· Improved snow performance.
· Reduced distortion for enhanced energy delivery, lower rolling resistance and improved treadlife.
· Consumer friendly indicators alert drivers to tire's performance level in Dry, Wet, and Snow conditions.
In addition, the ExtremeContact DWS also features Tuned Performance Indicators. These are consumer-friendly, visible letters built into the second rib of the tread, and are designed to alert drivers of the tire’s optimal performance levels. “D” indicates the tire is at optimum tread depth for dry conditions. “W” indicates the tire is at optimum tread depth for wet conditions. “S” indicates the tire is at optimum tread depth for snow conditions. When the indicators disappear, the tire is no longer tuned for optimum performance in that particular road condition.
Speed Rating: W and Y
UTQG Treadwear Rating: 540 AA
Continental is so confident in the performance of the ExtremeContact DW, it is backed by a strong UHP warranty: a 60-day Customer Satisfaction ride guarantee, a Manufacturer’s Workmanship Limited warranty for 72 months – with free replacement up to 12 months, and Road Hazard Coverage for 12 months.