Video - 2010 Audi S6 5.2 liter FSI V10 Engine

Written By:
Photography by:

 

 

The S6 operates on a higher plane, boasting uncompromising power from a 5.2 liter FSI V10 engine. The pinnacle of Audi engineering, the 5.2-liter engine uses advanced magnesium alloy for the intake, reducing weight to an astonishing 485 lbs. The 5.2-liter V10 produces an unsurpassed 435 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque. An extremely lightweight design means the 5.2 FSI weighs a scant 485 lbs, helping the A6 to maintain its world-class handling characteristics. Advanced Audi technology like FSI direct injection makes the 5.2 FSI is as efficient as it is powerful.

 

The legendary intelligent all-wheel drive system utilizes a self-locking center differential to transfer power where it is needed most. Under normal driving conditions, 40 percent of driving force is directed to the front wheels, and the remaining 60 percent is directed to the rear wheels. The result is a perfect driving balance. If conditions warrant a change, the self-locking differential is capable of sending a majority of engine power to the axle with the most traction.

 

The S6 with utilizes a Tiptronic six-speed automatic transmission with specifically chosen gear ratios that help channel the brute force of the 5.2-liter V10 engine. With responsive shifts and precise gear choices, Tiptronic is the logical choice when it comes to the sport-bred nature of the S6.

 

Several changes were made to differentiate the 2010 S6 V10 Tiptronic quattro sedan from it’s less powerful brothers. These include an “S6” single-frame grille, front fascia, side skirts, integrated rear spoiler and rear bumper. Aluminum-optic power folding external mirrors with a memory function also are standard. Inside, the S6 sport seats, S6¬specific instrument cluster and an S6 MMI® greeting continue the differentiation, as does an S6 multifunction sport steering wheel.

 

ABOUT AUDI

 

Audi of America Inc. and its 270 dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. The Audi lineup is one of the freshest in the industry with 23 models, including 12 models launched during model years 2008 and 2009. Audi is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. In selling one million vehicles worldwide in 2008, AUDI AG recorded its 13th consecutive record year for sales growth.

 

Comments

2014 Audi RS6 Avant
2014 Audi RS6 Avant

The new Audi RS 6 Avant stands for groundbreaking performance. It is lighter and more efficient than the previous model, and performance has been improved once again. ...

EU validates Audi LED technology as eco-innovation
EU validates Audi LED technology as eco-innovation

LED headlights from Audi verifiably improve fuel economy. That is why the European Commission is now certifying this technology....

Audi – the leading brand in lighting technology
Audi – the leading brand in lighting technology

In lighting technology, Audi is driving progress at high tempo. Today, its xenon plus-and LED headlights already provide excellent illumination of the road and give the cars with the four rings an unmistakable look...

EuroCar News on youTube Follow eurocarnews on Twitter