Audi continued the evolution of the icon with the latest generation TT (launched April 2007 as a 2008 model year vehicle) and now with its product improvement for model year 2011. Staying true to the design-driven marriage of form and function, the TT offers a higher level of driving performance. Innovative performance features and options include the mixed aluminum and steel Audi Space Frame, available Audi magnetic ride damping system and S tronic dual clutch transmission capable of 0.2 second shift times. Larger in every aspect except for height, the TT offers considerable functionality amongst its competitors. The Coupe in particular offers 50/50 folding seats providing enough room to store two golf bags. The Roadster also offers a load-through facility with ski bag. Overall, the second generation TT Coupe and TT Roadster represent the next chapter of the TT story, focusing on high design inside and out, sharper performance and everyday functionality.
INFO IS SUBJECT TO CHANGES AND UPDATES PRIOR TO LAUNCH
· Audi TT gave Audi new credibility in performance and luxury when the concept first debuted in 1995 and with the worldwide production launch in 1998.
· While many car companies copied the original Audi TT’s style and philosophy, there were many production breakthroughs that occurred with the vehicle. One included a new laser welding technique in the rear C pillar, and another included a dual factory production system that originated at Audi headquarters in
· Audi continued the evolution of the icon with the latest generation TT (launched April 2007 as a 2008 model year vehicle) and now with its product improvement for model year 2011. Staying true to the design-driven marriage of form and function, the TT offers a higher level of driving performance. Innovative performance features and options include the mixed aluminum and steel Audi Space Frame, available Audi magnetic ride damping system and S tronic dual clutch transmission capable of 0.2 second shift times. Larger in every aspect except for height, the TT offers considerable functionality amongst its competitors. The Coupe in particular offers 50/50 folding seats providing enough room to store two golf bags. The Roadster also offers a load-through facility with ski bag. Overall, the second generation TT Coupe and TT Roadster represent the next chapter of the TT story, focusing on high design inside and out, sharper performance and everyday functionality.
· The high tech aluminum/steel Audi Space Frame that all TT models are built from allows the sports car to be both larger and lighter than the previous model, while also increasing torsional rigidity. In fact, ASF allows the Roadster to be even more rigid than the previous generation coupe; the Roadster has 58% aluminum / 42% steel and is 120% more rigid than its predecessor and 188 lbs. lighter; the Coupe has 69% aluminum / 31% steel and is 50% more rigid than its predecessor, and 166 lbs. lighter.
· Since model year 2010, the entire TT line is offered exclusively with quattro all-wheel drive for superior traction and performance characteristics. The TT is the only all-wheel drive sports car in its class.
· Building on the innovations of the TT, the TTS is the top model in the TT family, delivering performance through the most powerful engine in the line-up and superior traction and control through standard quattro all-wheel drive and TTS-specific Audi magnetic ride.
· The topline TTS is the highest performing TT ever brought to market. It is a genuine sports car, with a remarkable driving experience and striking design elements. TTS represents the Audi ethos through advanced technology, high performance, high efficiency and sporty design. TTS embodies performance through innovation, passion through intelligence.
· The TTS model’s ultra efficient direct injected, turbocharged 2.0TFSI engine w/133hp per liter offers both exceptional acceleration and class leading** fuel economy, while also achieving a ULEV II emissions rating. (0-60: Coupe 4.9sec, Roadster 5.1sec; MPG: 21city/29hwy/24combined).
TTS Class Leadership
· TTS Coupe achieves high performance in acceleration and class leading combined fuel economy (0-60: 4.9sec; MPG: 24combined)
· TTS Roadster achieves high performance in acceleration and class leading** combined fuel economy (0-60: 5.1sec; MPG: 24combined)
· TT: 2.0 TFSI direct injection engine with S tronic dual clutch transmission and quattro AWD; launches in the first quarter of 2011 as a 2011 model year vehicle
o NEW FOR 2011: 211 hp, 258 lb-ft torque with Audi Valvelift System (2008-2010 TT 2.0T model outgoing stats were 200 hp, 207 lb-ft torque)
o Coupe: 0-100 km/h 5.6 seconds, US numbers TBD (previous 0-60: 5.9 seconds); S tronic quattro fuel econ – fuel economy TBD, available in early 2011
o Roadster: 0-60 mph or km/h TBD worldwide (previous 0-60: 6.2 seconds); S tronic quattro fuel economy TBD, available in early 2011
· TTS: 2.0 TFSI direct injection engine with S tronic dual clutch transmission and quattro AWD (Stats unchanged from 2010); TTS launches in Fall 2010 during normal model year change
o Stats: 265 hp, 258 lb-ft torque
o Coupe: 0-60 mph in manual) / 4.9 seconds; S tronic quattro fuel econ – 21/29 city/hwy, 24
o Roadster: 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds; S tronic quattro fuel econ – 21/29 city/hwy, 24
· Audi TT is in its second generation, having launched in the
· Audi is the first car company in the
· Audi verdict: upgraded 2011 TT 2.0 TFSI is the quickest car amongst its core German luxury competitors
o BMW Z4 sDrive30i – 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds - 255 hp / 220 lb-ft
o Mercedes-Benz SLK 300 – 0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds - 228 hp / 221 lb-ft
· quattro AWD standard - superior traction in all conditions, motorsports proven
· Audi magnetic ride: Highly advanced magnetorheological continuously adaptive damping system with manual Sport and
· S tronic dual clutch automatic transmission with 0.2 second shift times and Audi launch control (optimizes acceleration from a stand still)
· Sport tuned suspension system: MacPherson strut front suspension with aluminumsubframe, four-link rear suspension
· Audi navigation plus with real-time traffic (available)
· Audi music interface with iPod interface (available)
· ESP with Sport mode
· Single-frame front grill design
· Dual exhaust pipes (TT); quad exhaust pipes (TTS)
· Aluminum fuel filler cap
· Brake disc wiping that optimizes braking performance in wet or inclement weather
· SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
· Bluetooth® mobile phone interface
· Automatic power retractable rear spoiler
· TT S line package that includes aggressive front and rear bumpers, exhaust diffuser, 19-inch wheels, S line leather sport seats and interior elements
· TTS exterior: S specific exterior aluminum optic mirrors, front and rear bumpers, platinum gray single-frame grille and rear diffuser, extended rocker panels, LED daytime running lights, sport brake pads with TTS logo front, available 19” quattro GmbH wheels.
· TTS interior treatments include contrast stitching throughout, TTS badging, TTS shift-knob, driver information system with lap-timer.
· Dimensions (vs. 1999-2006 predecessor)
o Length: +5.4 inches
o Wheelbase: +1.8 inches
o Width: +3.1 inches
· 50/50 folding rear seats with room for two golf bags (Coupe)
· Load through facility with ski bag (Roadster,)
· Brushed aluminum interior trim
· Leather/Alcantara sport seats
· Race inspired, light weight, magnesium flat-bottomed leather wrapped multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles
· Baseball Optic Fine Nappa Leather Seats (available)
· Bose Premium Sound System, 255 watts, 12-speaker sound system including center speaker and subwoofer (available)
· Automatic climate control system with sun sensor
· Dual cupholders in center console and power outlet
Equipment Changes for 2011 TT 2.0 TFSI quattro:
· Chrome dual tailpipes
· Optional Audi magnetic ride with greater differentiation between ‘Sport’ & ‘
· Sport button program: Modifies steering servo boost and exhaust sound
· New standard bumpers, radiator grille, fog lamp grille and fog lamps in chrome
· Additional interior aluminum optic accents including the steering wheel, center console, and door liner.
· Elegant accents are provided by rings, frames, and strips in high-gloss black.
· Aluminum strip above the glove box door is now brushed grey.
· Two new exterior colors for
· Optional Fine Nappa leather is now thermal resistant; reducing the temperature of the seating upholstery up to 68 degrees Fahrenheit
· New grille, fog lamp grille in honeycomb optic, fog lamps and horizontal cross braces in chrome
· TT and TTS models are produced in both