AKRON, Ohio, May 4, 2010 – With the introduction of the new Assurance ComforTred Touring, Goodyear has clarified its family of broad market tires for passenger cars, simplifying both retailer inventories and tire buying for consumers.
Goodyear’s Assurance products – the ComforTred Touring, TripleTred and Fuel Max – all with innovative technology and consumer benefits, complete the lineup for the largest tire company in North America.
“Consumers want choices, but they also demand that the choices be clear and easy to understand. That is why we continue to work toward streamlining our lineup of auto tires, making the features-and-benefits message clear for those who are shopping for a new set of tires,” said Scott Rogers, Goodyear’s chief marketing officer, consumer tires.
The all-new Assurance ComforTred Touring is available at Goodyear retail outlets throughout North America. In addition to the smooth, comfortable ride, the Assurance ComforTred Touring helps provide refined luxurious handling, all-season traction and a tread life limited warranty up to 80,000 miles, all in addition to the signature “touring” and “comfort” feel of the product.
The tire has Dual Comfort Zones:
· A special Comfort Layer, with a layer under the tread that provides, on average, 20% more cushion than standard tires, for a smooth, comfortable ride.*
· ComfortEdgeTM, which includes an outer comfort layer and an inner handling layer. Here, a sidewall insert employs a rubber layer that helps absorb road vibration in straight-ahead driving, and a stiffer rubber material that helps keep the tire firm for added support when turning.
The highly popular Assurance TripleTred has three unique tread zones for all weather conditions – rain, ice or dry.
· An Ice Zone features and interlocking tread pattern and the use of volcanic sand in the tread compound to help enhance gripping power on icy or slick roads.
· A Water Zone has deeply carved Aquachannel grooves to help propel water off the tread and away from the tire.
· The tire’s Outer Dry Zone with tread reinforcement offers confident maneuvering on dry pavement.
The Assurance TripleTred features an 80,000-mile tread life limited warranty, and is recognized in several independent tests as one of the top-rated tires in its all-season category.
The Assurance Fuel Max is a fuel-efficient tire that provides confident wet and dry traction. A fuel-saving tread compound helps reduce energy loss as the tire rolls to save 2,600 miles worth of gas over the life of a set of tires.**
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs approximately 69,000 people and manufactures its products in more than 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
*Source: Comparison of industry data for T-, H- and V-speed rated tires vs. standard passenger car tires.
**2,600 miles based on a 4% fuel economy improvement, on 65,000 Mile Tread Life Limited Warranty, as compared to the standard Goodyear Assurance tire tested on P195/65R15 size – 2008 Honda Civic. Actual results may vary based on when tires are replaced, driving and road conditions, and proper tire maintenance.