The Mercedes AMG Driving Academy kicking off this month is featuring the highly anticipated Gran Turismo® 5 game exclusively for the PlayStation® 3 (PS3™) system, enhancing the trackside experience for race enthusiasts driving several real 2011 SLS AMG supercars that are part of this year’s vehicle line-up during AMG Driving Academy sessions.
AMG and Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC teamed up to feature a Gran Turismo 5 SLS AMG gaming experience, created by Polyphony Digital, Inc., on racing sleds that incorporates the Nurburgring Nordschleife. In January 2010, the SLS AMG from Mercedes-Benz was given the honor of being the featured vehicle on the Gran Turismo 5 packaging cover. The game is expected to be available in stores this year. The Gran Turismo 5 racing sled experience is on hand throughout the AMG Academy schedule held at Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca.
“The opportunity to compare the realistic Gran Turismo 5 Mercedes demo on the racing sled and then the actual SLS AMG on the track is one that most people will not experience in their lifetime,” said Greg Clark, product manager, exclusive vehicles for Mercedes-Benz USA. “The demo gives participants a chance to get a realistic feel for the car before they step into the SLS AMG.”
The AMG Driving Academy is specifically for driving enthusiasts, who want to personally experience the excitement of motorsports and the track capabilities of Mercedes-AMG vehicles including the all new 563 hp SLS AMG capable of 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.
In addition to the SLS AMG, program participants have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of several AMG models including the E63 AMG, SL63 AMG, C63 AMG, and SLK55 AMG. The program features custom-designed exercises to teach dynamic driving capabilities across two of the top tracks in the U.S:
- Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA)
June 11-14 & 28-30, 2010
- For more than 40 years, Road Atlanta is a destination location for top tier sports car and motorcycle racing. It has a reputation of a world class motorsports facility, rich in history and tradition. This 2.54-mile, 12-turn world class road course is one of the most technically challenging in the U.S.
- Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey, CA)
August 27-29, September 25-27, October 29-30 and November 12-14, 2010
- Located in one of North America's best destination locations -- the Monterey Peninsula, Laguna Seca features tremendous elevation changes, the famous Corkscrew complex, and 2.24 sinewy miles.
The AMG Driving Academy Basic, Advanced and new Pro Level for 2010
- Basic ($1,795 per participant): Intense one-day track program focuses on performance driving dynamics. In the morning, participants learn the fundamentals of vehicle dynamics and car control maneuvers using customized exercises. Once participants perfect car control and handling, they progress in the afternoon to a set of high-speed exercises that make use of the entire track.
- Road Atlanta: June 11 – 12
- Laguna Seca Raceway: August 27-29, Sept. 25, Oct. 29-30 and Nov. 12
- Advanced ($3,295 per participant): Two-day program picks up where Basic leaves off, providing advanced training and technical on-track instruction. Onboard diagnostics and data capture enable detailed computer analysis and evaluation. Advanced is offered to drivers who complete either Basic, AMG Challenge, European Driving Academy program or an equivalent course.
- Road Atlanta: June 13-14, 2010
- Laguna Seca Raceway: September 26-27 & November 13-14
- Pro ($3,995 per participant): The pinnacle of the AMG Driving Academy curriculum, Pro program offers increased instruction while challenging and improving capabilities and skills to a much greater degree. During the three day program, participants train on the legendary Road Atlanta circuit. As speeds increase and skills improve, open lapping provides the maximum challenge and thrill. With an intense curriculum, AMG experienced instructors prepare participants to confidently welcome the challenges of Road Atlanta.
- Road Atlanta: June 28-30, 2010
All fees include a dinner reception and introductory briefing the evening before the program, track hospitality, AMG Driving Academy certificate of program completion and an AMG gift bag. Participants are responsible for travel and accommodations. Additional information and registration for the AMG Driving Academy is available at www.AMGacademy.com or by phone at 1-800-217-6916.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse line-up in the luxury segment with 12 model lines ranging from the sporty C-Class to the flagship S-Class sedans and CL coupes.
MBUSA is also responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans in the US. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at www.mbusa.com , www.maybachusa.com and www.mbsprinterusa.com