· All models will have new bumper fascias, tail lamp assemblies and larger fog lights.
· There is a new Adaptive Xenon headlight option ($100), and black headlight housings are newly available for Cooper and Cooper S (no charge option).
· Sunroof glass tint will change from 10 percent in the previous model to 30 percent on 2011 MY vehicles, further reducing sunlight penetration.
· New colors: Spice Orange will be available on the Hardtop and the Convertible models., All MINI vehicles will also be available in British Racing Green II (which is lighter and closer in shade to the iconic British Racing Green of decades past), Eclipse Gray metallic (which replace Dark Silver metallic), White Silver, Ice Blue (non-metallic) and lastly, Velvet Silver (which replaces Sparkling Silver).
· Five new wheel designs will adorn the MY 2011 MINI lineup. There will be a new 15” wheel for the Cooper models.
· All the 16” wheels will be replaced with new designs. The Rib Spoke will replace the standard S-Winder on the Cooper S models and the 4-Hole Circular is an alternative for both Cooper and Cooper S cars. The 6-Star Twin Spoke will also be available.
· The 17” Conical Spoke wheel replaces the Crown Spoke.
· All interior items that were previously covered in Silver paint will be matte black, the steering wheel will have a chrome trim ring in the middle and a light beige headliner will be standard (replacing the gray headliner).
· The radio controls for the standard Boost CD system have been simplified.
· A new slot in the Clubdoor can hold the passenger front seatbelt buckle in place for easier ingress and egress for the rear passengers, and there is also a new roller-style rear cargo shade.
Radio and Infotainment
· HD Radio and Sirius satellite radio will both be standard for all 2011 MINI models (previously these options were priced at $500 each); and customers will receive a one-year subscription for SIRIUS.
· There will be three audio options in 2011. Standard will be a new version of Boost CD with new radio controls, and HD Radio and SIRIUS already installed.
· MINI Connected will be an option on all 2011 models. It will add a new 6.5” hi-resolution screen, Comfort Bluetooth with Smartphone prep, voice recognition, and a joystick controller to access all features.
· The third radio option will be MINI Connected with Navigation that also features real-time traffic information. The new NAV system uses an internal hard memory card and maps can be updated through a USB port in the glove box.
Engine and Technology Updates
· The MINI Cooper now makes 121HP, thanks to an optimized lubrication and the reduction of internal friction losses.
· The MINI Cooper S makes 181HP, as MINI has added the VALVETRONIC intake valve control.
· Anti-torque steer programming is built into power steering.
· Enhanced acoustic attenuation has been added throughout the car to reduce road and tire noise.