GREENVILLE, S.C. (Oct. 15, 2010) – As performance-oriented drivers begin to prepare for the upcoming winter season, they look for tire options designed to handle the harshest climates. To answer their needs, BFGoodrich® Tires introduces the Winter Slalom® KSI tire, with cutting edge technology designed to connect with extreme winter surfaces, including those favorite curvy roads BFGoodrich Tires’ enthusiasts love in summer, but in winter are covered in snow and ice. Providing excellent braking performance and maximum grip, the BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSI is designed to give drivers control during the toughest winter conditions.
“As the first BFGoodrich winter tire to be introduced in years, we knew that the Winter Slalom KSI needed to excite consumers and enthusiasts alike,” said Andrew Koury, BFGoodrich Tires brand category manager, ultra-high performance and winter tires. “The BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSI tire provides the kind of control drivers expect from the BFGoodrich Tires brand while also providing that BFGoodrich attitude we know and love.”
On sale now, the Winter Slalom KSI is offered in 36 sizes ranging from 14 to 17 inches in diameter, with a broad range of fitments for cars, SUVs and light trucks. Key features for the BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSI tire include:
· 49 meters of high-sipe density; Designed with maximum biting edges for winter grip.
· Extra-long sipe length; Provides tenacious winter traction edge grip.
· Optimized mould profile; Minimizes footprint stress in contact with the road for long tread life.
· Full lateral grooves; Provides depth for hydroplaning resistance and deep snow traction, along with increased void for better evacuation and improved winter performance and wear.
· Diamond cut block edges with sloping tread element shape; Cutting edge appearance adds block rigidly for improved wear and handling on ice, snow, slush and wet and dry roads.
· Nylon cap to enable S-speed rating; Capable of speeds up to 112 mph.
· Winter regenerating compounds; features micro-pores that provide grip mechanism for continued traction on ice and snow.
Additionally, BFGoodrich Tires’ Equal Tension Containment (ETEC) System ™ maintains the tread footprint for consistent high-speed control. The BFGoodrich Winter Slalom tire is also equipped with balanced winter compounds, a unique rubber compound mix that provides an optimized balance of winter traction without significant compromise to wet grip.
Using motorsports as a proving ground for more than 40 years, BFGoodrich ® Tires is involved in every type of racing, including oval, sports car, drifting, drag, desert, dirt, rally and extreme rock crawling. BFGoodrich Tires combines technological expertise with vast motorsports experience, delivering a high-performance tire for every type of vehicle.