The U.S. pricing for the all-new and technology-infused 2011 Audi A8 luxury performance sedan begins with an MSRP of $78,050 (excluding $875 destination charge, taxes, title, options, and dealer charges).
The starting price for the normal wheelbase version of the Audi flagship model includes a broad range of advanced features, such as an efficient 8-speed Tiptronic® transmission and the next-generation of the Audi MMI® system with the industry exclusive MMI touch technology. The touchpad feature with handwriting recognition allows motorists to conveniently enter multimedia, navigation and communications commands. The most luxurious Audi sedan comes with the brand’s signature quattro all-wheel-drive technology and aluminum ASF® construction.
Also available on the 2011 Audi A8 is the Bang & Olufsen® Advanced Sound System, which includes 19 speakers and 1400 watts of power for a sound quality designed for the most discriminating audiophiles. The Audi A8 Bang & Olufsen system is unique because it was included in the earliest stages of the high-end sedan’s development.
The base price of the long wheelbase 2011 Audi A8L is set at $84,000 (excluding $875 destination charge, taxes, title, options, and dealer charges). The 2011 A8 models will be available at Audi dealerships across the U.S. by late November.
While the new Audi A8 provides an unprecedented degree of driving comforts and innovations, it also reflects the work that Audi engineers have invested into maximizing efficiency without sacrificing any driving performance. In fact, the 2011 Audi A8 achieves 17 mpg in the city/ 27 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg combined, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. That puts the fuel economy of the 2011 Audi A8 on par with the Mercedes-Benz S400 hybrid. It’s also better than the fuel-economy numbers for the BMW 7-Series hybrid and 6-cylinder models.1
At the same time, the V8 engine in the 2011 Audi A8 produces 372 horsepower and an ample 328 lb-ft. of torque. Available quattro sport differential with mechanical torque vectoring further enhances the performance handling of this luxurious car.
· Aluminum ASF® frame and aluminum body construction; this lightweight construction technique allows the A8 with standard quattro all-wheel-drive to weigh less than even the 2-wheel-drive S Class and 7 Series.
· New Singleframe® grille design.
· Xenon plus adaptive headlights and LED daytime running lights standard.
· Segment-first full LED headlights available.
· LED taillights with ‘tubular optic’ design.
· Normal and long wheelbase models available: A8L LWB is 5.1 inches longer and has 5.1 inches of increased rear legroom compared to the A8 NWB model.
· A8 exclusive yacht-styled electronic gear shifter ergonomically designed to help ease use of the new MMI® touch handwriting recognition system.
Engine / Drivetrain highlights:
· 4.2 liter V8 engine that produces 372 horsepower and 328 lb-ft. torque.
· 17 city / 27 highway / 21 mpg combined – best in segment fuel economy is the same as the Mercedes S400 hybrid and better than BMW 7 Series hybrid and 6-cylinder models.1
· Brake energy regeneration and Innovative Thermal Management system.
· The A8 is the only car in the segment to have standard quattro all-wheel-drive, and quattro sport differential with mechanical torque vectoring available.
Standard equipment highlights:
· 19” wheels with all-season tires.
· BOSE® Surround Sound System.
· 18-way heated front comfort seats.
· New Audi Navigation plus with new menu structure and new ‘tab’ concept.
· Industry-first MMI touch with handwriting recognition
· High resolution 8” MMI screen and 7” Driver Information Display
Optional equipment highlights:
· LED headlights: While all A8 sedans have standard LED daytime running lights, Audi has introduced the first full-LED headlights in the luxury sedan segment. These lights project light that is close to daylight helping equate to less strain on the eyes at night and are more efficient than Xenon or halogen lights; plus creating a strong design statement on the A8.
· Driver Assistance Package: Includes the next generation of Audi’s Adaptive Cruise Control, Audi lane assist, and Audi side assist systems. The uniqueness of this new package is the way these systems are integrated to help extend the functionality of Audi pre sense to include emergency braking and passenger compartment crash preparation.
· Premium Package: 22-way comfort/climate seats include front seat ventilation and massage function.
· Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System: This second generation of advanced sound from B&O includes 19 speakers and more than 1400 watts of power, for a sound experience designed for the most demanding audiophiles.
· Rear Seat Entertainment: Business-class level rear seat entertainment with dual 10” screens, separate MMI, media jukebox, Audi music interface & Bluetooth® headphones. Available only in the 2011 Audi A8L model.
Audi of America, Inc. and its 272 U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. During 2009 Audi outsold all other luxury brands in Europe, while in the U.S. market Audi posted the largest market share gain of any luxury automotive brand. Between 2010 and 2012 the Audi Group is planning to invest around €5.5 billion, mainly in new products, in order to sustain the Company’s technological lead.