ROCKLEIGH, N.J. (Dec. 21, 2010) - Volvo Cars of North America (VCNA) announced Volvo Service for Life, a program designed to ensure that Volvo owners receive the best value by having their Volvos serviced at franchised retailers in North America. The program will launch Jan. 1, 2011, at participating retailers in the United States and Canada.
The Volvo Service for Life program consists of four core elements, each furthering Volvo's lasting commitment to its owners:
· Volvo's replacement parts warranty is being doubled to an industry-leading two years on parts, and labor when installed at a Volvo retailer.
· Volvo owners experiencing a Check Engine Light or other warning indicator will receive complimentary computer diagnostics at Volvo retailers.*
· Owners will receive complimentary software updates to ensure their vehicles are brought up to the latest specifications. This is especially useful for owners of older cars to receive the latest software for their vehicle.**
· Volvo owners that have their car serviced at a retailer will periodically receive special offers targeted specifically to them, including a substantial savings on Volvo On Call, Volvo's roadside assistance program for the low price of $44.95 for 12 months.***
"When a customer drives off the lot, our relationship with that owner is just beginning," said Chris Dauerer, VCNA's vice president of customer service. "We want them to be a service customer for life, and to do that we constantly look for ways to demonstrate new value and enhancements to the Volvo service experience."
The Volvo Service for Life program is in addition to Volvo's current offers, which consist of a wide assortment of products and services including:
· Factory-certified technicians who receive constant training to ensure they have the latest information and skills to service and repair all models.
· Genuine Volvo parts, which are the only parts specified for Volvos.
· Volvo Express Service that offers customers the choice to have certain repairs done at a retailer without an appointment.
· Volvo certified collision program to ensure Volvos involved in a collision are repaired to Volvo's specifications.
· Volvo tire advantage program which offers the best value on tires, including complimentary road hazard insurance.
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, ( www.volvocars.com/us ) is a subsidiary of Volvo Car Corporation of Gothenburg, Sweden. VCNA provides marketing, sales, parts, service, technology and training support to Volvo automobile retailers in the United States, and oversees Volvo operations in Canada.
*Includes up to one hour of computer diagnostics. Certain restrictions apply.
**The software upgrades will start with select models beginning with MY2000 onwards.
***Prices are subject to change.
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice. Volvo Service for Life is available at participating Volvo retailers.